ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > School Daze > Middle School (aka The Awkward Times)

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
happy to see a real toilet

Lily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I have an appt with the guidance counselor + principal on Monday. If I have to go to the school at 11:35 every day and sign my child out for lunch, I will. He will be taking 35 minutes to relax and breathe. I don't care what the teacher says.

About the email - everything is done online here. I can sit down at my computer for 30 minutes in the morning to pay for my kid's lunch, check his grades, look up his assignments, and print out whatever work he needs for home. All of his core teachers have websites. The science teacher went so far as to never print anything out for the kids and told them at the beginning of the year to look it up on his site. Course, after September the updating really dropped off. I don't mind everything being online. I actually prefer it. It's instant communication.........when they update it properly.

I'm walking a fine line between wanting to be that overprotective mommy and wondering just what the hell is appropriate for a teacher to be doing. If I didn't think dh would object my meeting on Monday would just be me walking into the school and withdrawing him. It's too much headache for too little education.
BS 3 - 32% saved!

My blog: Wanderings of a simple mind
Old 02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Where's that title fairy?

My Mood: Happy
butrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond reputebutrcup74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think this is about you being overprotective. I think we as parents have guidelines and rules in place and it's not for the school to over-step the boundaries that you establish. Them punishing your child in a way or for a reason that you disagree with is out of line, IMHO.

I'm not suggesting that school contact us to ask us for permission in disciplining our children, but if I hear about something I disagree with, they certainly will know about it.

I very seriously doubt that you will have to go there everyday and sign him out for lunch. I think a meeting with principal will be all that needs to happen.

May the force be with you...and keep us updated.

"There's no reason for you to worry so much. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to."
audreyii-fic
Old 02-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I think there was nipple twisting involved

My Mood: Inspired
jenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond reputejenniferjunniper has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I would say that kids and parents need to take some personall responsibility. But in this case it is the teacher. There is no reason that 1/3 of his students are failing. Unless this is a college prep class for 6th graders!! My BFF DS has a teacher like this. He complains about her DS but only during midterms. He never says one word during the year, eventhough they have a plan set out to be notified of him missing assignments. He did awful this quarter, and it took her off gaurd. She is doing what you are doing right now. Going above him to the principal, at this point this is just laziness on his part. GL with your kid! Oh, and KUP!

Mommy to Destiny, Arielle, Noah, Aaron, Natalie, Lillian and our newest addition Juliette!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 AM

Lily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeLily_Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, here's the update.

I never got in to see the guidance counselor or teacher because The Kid was sick most of this week. I also got no response from the teacher (big surprise ). Website never updated, no email, nothing.

So this morning I sent off another email telling the teacher our son would not be participating in his working lunch, and cc'd the principal and guidance counselor. Oh, and sent it with the email I wrote previously and got no response to.

So, we'll see what comes of this.
BS 3 - 32% saved!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Well, whaddya know? Almost immediate response. CC'ing the staff apparently did some good. Also, probably didn't look too favorably that I was a bit more bitchy and let him know we were not impressed with him this year.

He says fine, whatever, but much more polite than that. And then proceeds to let me know my kid is missing assignments from earlier this week.

I wonder if he noticed my kid hadn't been in his class all this week because he's been sick. By the time the teacher sent the email, my kid hadn't seen him yet.
BS 3 - 32% saved!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Thinking
Dire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeDire Wolf has a reputation beyond repute

Teachers like this are the reason I am choosing a small private school for my child next year.

We have this online system called the portal for our kids here. I never got the login and password info from the school at the beginning of the year and have requested it several times(including written letters) with no response. At this point, I have become a thorn in the side of the teachers. I have found that simply showing up and requesting immediate contact with the principal can be helpful as well.

Good luck! School can be really tough for us parents too!

Chaia Meryn Layne was born 1-26-12 at 8:11 am weighing 11 lb 2 oz!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:11 AM

After dealing with this teacher this year and getting some..interesting..reviews of the math teacher next year, we've decided to go back to homeschooling for at least another year. I went to registration at the school this week and was told they don't have class lists for next year (like, what electives they can take and whatnot) so that was another say-what?! moment. I did let the guidance counselor know that we were extremely disappointed with the teacher this year and would not have put our son in school if we had known this was how their "best science teacher" was. That I expect best to be exemplary.

So I get to curriculum shop again (yay!) and make sure my son gets a LOT more of an education than the school is offering. (Hello, Rome!)
BS 3 - 32% saved!