ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Beautiful You

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
would talk about penises too
AKA: zosiasmama

My Mood: Bookworm
Danni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tips on how to get a proper bra fitting!!!

Excellent tips on your real bra size from our lovely, informative Sandy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
A good fitting bra does wonders for your self-esteem!

Anyone who needs a bra fitting should avoid places like VS, Lane Bryant (and all it's sister stores), etc. They have decent bras, but their "fitting experts" do not know what they are doing. Check out a little boutique or a lingerie store.

If you can't find one, you can measure yourself. Here's how.

Get a soft tape measure. You should measure yourself wearing your best fitting bra. If you are very perky, you can measure without a bra.

Measure around your ribcage, under your breasts. Make sure the tape measure is flat against your skin and snug, but not squeezing you. You might have a friend or your DH assist you.

This number is your band size. For this example, we'll say it's 35 inches. Since it's an odd number you'll round up to 36 inches. DO NOT add any inches (like they do at VS) this will give you a band size that is too large.

Now, measure around the breasts at the fullest part. Make sure the tape measure is flat and snug, but not too tight. We'll say this number was 41 inches.

Subtract the first number from the second number.
41-36=5

Now, you can use this number to find your band size.

1 inch-A
2 inches-B
3 inches-C
4 inches-D
5 inches-DD/E
6 inches-DDD/F
7 inches-DDDD/G
8 inches-H
9 inches-I
10 inches-J

And so on.

So, our example lady is a 36 DD/E. Roughly. The tricky part is that not all bras are sized the same. That would be too easy. It's best if you can try them on, using the size you got measuring as a jumping off point.

Never, ever add inches. You will not get the support you need. It can work, in a pinch, to add and inch and subtract a cup size, but you will sacrifice support. This should only be done if you absolutely cannot find anything in your size.

DD and E may or may not be the same. This all depends on the manufacturer.

A well-fitting bra:
*Will not ride up in the back. The band should do the supporting, not the straps. The band should be straight accross your back.
*The straps will not fall down, or dig in to your shoulders.
*The wires will fit closely to your chest. They will not poke you anywhere.
*You will not spill out, nor will the cups pucker or wrinkle
*You should wear a new bra on the loosest set of hooks. Over time, the bra will stretch, and you'll move to the tighter hooks.
*Once it is on correctly your nipples should be level with the middle of your upper arm, if it is lower, the bra does not fit you right. The girls should be higher up....where they were meant to be!

I hope this helps!
Other tips:
A well fitted bra will feel a bit tight and odd at first, but in a week or so your body will adjust and you will hardly even feel it.

I know the price of a good bra on some of the sites below is a bit shocking, but I will tell ya I am a convert. The comfort is priceless, not having to adjust every 40 minutes, very little boob sweat and no more indentations on my shoulders is the best thing ever!!!

I highly recommend doing what you can to save the money for a good bra. Give up junk snacks and gourmet coffee and put the bit of money aside, ask for money for your birthday and Christmas and put it aside for a bra, tell Dh that this is very important and if he could give up a few things for a bit to help you save you will reward him with perky looking bewbies! I can promise you that you will not be dissapointed.

Website that carry all sizes:
http://www.biggerbras.com/index.shtml
http://www.figleaves.com/us/home.asp
http://www.breakoutbras.com/
http://braexperience.com/index.htm
http://braworld.com/
http://www.herroom.com/
Ebay bra section, you can search by size
Amazon bra section, you can search by size

Stores to look at:
Nordstorms (they tend to do very good fittings)

Things to google to find a good bra store near you and get a proper fitting:
speciatly bra store +your town or nearest city
lingerie +your town or nearest city
bra fitting +your town or nearest city

Finally, as for how to put it on. The told me to just put it on, then bend forward and shimmy the underwire right under your breasts, then stand back up and reach your right hand into the left cup all the way over by the armpit side and pull all breast tissue into the cup, now do the other side, also make sure no breast tissue is pushing under the cups. Now make sure the band in the back in level and straight accross your back, not pulling up at all. Lastly adjust the boobage out the top of the cups. If your bra has lacey stuff like mine on the top you can do like I do and readjust where your nipple sits, I don't like mine to show and it keeps the muffin top bewbage in check!

I hope this helps you all to get your girls in a comfy bra that fits properly and makes you look like you should!!

Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM
can't stop looking at it

My Mood: Cheeky
Rosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond repute

Measure your boobies ladies!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 AM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Woot
daisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond reputedaisy0306 has a reputation beyond repute

Good post
Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Crotch flap, baby?

-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to do this!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 AM
I love Tuesdays and waffles, penguins, vulvas, lol cats.
AKA: PrincessConsuelaBananahammock

Zee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to do this as well. I don't wear bras. I would like to again some day.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 AM
Oh the decisions...Fresh Beaver, Wild Beaver, or Vintage Beaver?

My Mood: Breezy
kesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond reputekesmeya has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could have read this a few weeks ago, 3 or 4 bras later and I am still not sure I have the right one.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
I am eating penis

crystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond reputecrystalclear has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the post!!
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyz View Post
I really need to do this as well. I don't wear bras. I would like to again some day.
You don't ever wear bra's? Just curious

Last edited by crystalclear; 06-25-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Crotch flap, baby?

-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute-Blair- has a reputation beyond repute

Ribcage under breasts - 30"
Fullest part of breasts - 36"

30DDD/F. Holy moly.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM
I love Tuesdays and waffles, penguins, vulvas, lol cats.
AKA: PrincessConsuelaBananahammock

Zee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalclear View Post
Thanks for the post!!
~~~~~~~

You don't ever wear bra's? Just curious
Nope. Been almost 5 years. I wear nursing tanks. I have two nursing bras but they are sized L/XL so I honestly don't know my size.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Get your vulva out of my way!

My Mood: Spaced
randareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond repute

36 DDD/F. now time to find some nursing bras. Of course, Walmart doesn't go that high.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Inactive Member

My Mood: Dreaming
silkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond reputesilkymama has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM
the bigger the better, the tighter the sweater!

My Mood: Dead
NadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond reputeNadiaRose has a reputation beyond repute

currently, according to that i'm a 38D. baby just weaned a week ago so i'm wondering if that will change... i think i may go to target and try on some boulder holders.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.
The first is that if you disagree with someoneís lifestyle,
you must fear or hate them.
The second is that to love someone
means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense.
You donít have to compromise convictions
to be compassionate."

~Pastor Rick Warren~

Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 PM
can't stop looking at it

My Mood: Cheeky
Rosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by randareena View Post
36 DDD/F. now time to find some nursing bras. Of course, Walmart doesn't go that high.
Posted via Mobile Device
Walmart sells crappy bras anyway.

http://www.barenecessities.com/36F-N...9,style,12.htm

Try not to freak about the price. Two or three of these bras will last a while if you hand wash and line dry.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Get your vulva out of my way!

My Mood: Spaced
randareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond repute

They might generally be crappy, but I have 2 styles of nursing bras from there that I love.

I will freak about the price. That's just me. Thanks for the link.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Peeing myself laughing!

My Mood: Dreaming
Felt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond reputeFelt Fusion has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! According to this my back size is fine, but my cup size should be a DD not a B that I wear. I can't imagine filling a DD though, nor a C even!
Den of Yarniquity yarns on Ravelry
Happy to trade.