ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Hints, Tips and Smart Advice > Health and Wellness

Notices

Old 05-28-2015, 02:43 PM
molesting the number 8.
AKA: Banyan Tree Diapers

My Mood: Tired
Dalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you have hypothyroidism, what were your symptoms before you were diagnosed?

People had brought it up, and some of the symptoms do fit. I have the following.

fatigue: I often sleep the entire day until around 2 pm. I do this maybe three times out of the week. I would do it every day if I could but I feel guilty sleeping so much.
dizziness: the vertigo started about 3-4 years ago. my body got used to it and I only notice it when I turn around in bed and sometimes when I get up in the morning.
weight gain: I don't know if this is just me overeating, but I used to weigh 107 when I got married, stabilized at 118 after having the kids and then over the past few years it crept up to 134. I'm down to 128 but the lowest I've been able to go is 126 and I've stayed in the same spot for the past 2 years.

I looked over my bloodwork from 10 plus years ago and my TSH was 2.9 which is normal though some online sources say that's borderline.
~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalila View Post
People had brought it up, and some of the symptoms do fit. I have the following.

fatigue: I often sleep the entire day until around 2 pm. I do this maybe three times out of the week. I would do it every day if I could but I feel guilty sleeping so much.
dizziness: the vertigo started about 3-4 years ago. my body got used to it and I only notice it when I turn around in bed and sometimes when I get up in the morning.
weight gain: I don't know if this is just me overeating, but I used to weigh 107 when I got married, stabilized at 118 after having the kids and then over the past few years it crept up to 134. I'm down to 128 but the lowest I've been able to go is 126 and I've stayed in the same spot for the past 2 years.

I looked over my bloodwork from 10 plus years ago and my TSH was 2.9 which is normal though some online sources say that's borderline.
Forgot, I've become increasingly constipated lately.
~~~~~~~
Also I usually have elevated liver enzymes (have ruled out HEp C, had liver ultrasound, nothing came up).

Last edited by Dalila; 05-28-2015 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN
Old 05-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Owner/Administrator
Send me chocolate and nobody gets hurt.
Send Mel some too. I like it when she's happy.

My Mood: Stressed
Mom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond repute

couldn't lose any weight despite eating well and running over 100 miles a month.

would get hives on my legs for no reason at all, or because they got wet.

heart palpitations

It's been 7 years, I cant really remember.

It was the hives that made me go to the dr, and at the appt the dr noticed that my thyroid was enlarged and ran tests.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:20 PM
I love q-tips it's unnatural!

My Mood: Energetic
jujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond reputejujusmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Tired, hair falls out in clumps, low body temperature (my skin feels cold but it inside I feel like I'm on fire...DH tries to cuddle and I'm so hot!), tingling/numbness in my hands and feet, dry skin, foggy brain. I'm sure there are more.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Owner/Administrator
Send me chocolate and nobody gets hurt.
Send Mel some too. I like it when she's happy.

My Mood: Stressed
Mom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond reputeMom has a reputation beyond repute

http://hypothyroidmom.com/300-hypoth...ms-yes-really/

Old 05-28-2015, 04:14 PM
makes me think Vagazzel! in the Shamwow guy voice
AKA: Rannensmom

My Mood: Sad
BeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond reputeBeautifulChaos has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't recognize a lot of my symptoms as a "problem" until they went away after treatment but I had:

Weight gain despite exercise and no changes in diet
Migraines
Tingling in my fingers and toes
Constipation
Nausea
poor gum health
Joint pain
Fatigue
Brain fog...like serious "pregnancy brain" but worse
Irregular periods

I thought most of it was stress from trying to meet all of E's needs. Until the last symptom, which was a miscarriage. As I'd had one before E it flagged as abnormal and they tested my levels.

2.9 is definitely borderline, though a lot of labs are still super behind the times. The link Mom provided is a good one

Momma to:
Wide-eyed Dreamer (10)

Calico Kid (5)

The Newbie May 28, 2016

Author of Ring of Fire

Old 05-28-2015, 04:54 PM
molesting the number 8.
AKA: Banyan Tree Diapers

My Mood: Tired
Dalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond reputeDalila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulChaos View Post
I didn't recognize a lot of my symptoms as a "problem" until they went away after treatment but I had:

Weight gain despite exercise and no changes in diet
Migraines
Tingling in my fingers and toes
Constipation
Nausea
poor gum health
Joint pain
Fatigue
Brain fog...like serious "pregnancy brain" but worse
Irregular periods

I thought most of it was stress from trying to meet all of E's needs. Until the last symptom, which was a miscarriage. As I'd had one before E it flagged as abnormal and they tested my levels.

2.9 is definitely borderline, though a lot of labs are still super behind the times. The link Mom provided is a good one
Well, we shall see when I get the bloodwork done in August. That number is from 10 years ago, so I suppose if I have it it would be much higher now.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Got Snark?

My Mood: Bookworm
tea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond reputetea_cozy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going to get bloodwork you NEED to have more than TSH. That is a pituitary function and only tells you if your pituitary gland is making TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) What you need are FT3 and FT4, as well as a Hashimoto Antibodies test. These will tell you if your thyroid is actually using the TSH.

Crunchy Wiccan -

Mom to Liam , 14, Spirit Babies: Dorian (7/31/15), Ninja (6/ 25/16) and Fur-mom to Loki the Bichon and Rocky the Hedgehog. Cautiously expecting Hayden Micah on 4/2/17

Living in North Dakota, where it is colder than Siberia. It really is. Look it up.

What you see is what you get. Progress, not perfection, is what counts