ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > The Places to Chat > Hot Buttons

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I should tell DH I want 5 guys in my mouth
AKA: CowgirlMomma

My Mood: Cheerful
CaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond reputeCaerRuthryis has a reputation beyond repute

i like the idea.
Here, you don't have to go to school or have a letter of intent on file until your child turns 7.
I actually sent my older DD to the pre-K run by the town. I was unimpressed. She was ahead academically and I did not find that they taught the class to her. If anything, she got left behind. They were much more focused on the special needs kids in the class. That is all well and good, but every kid deserves a good education, not just those that require services. That is the problem with one size fits all public school though. It's not the best education for any kid.
ODD was automatically enrolled in kindy. I had to call and tell them she would not be attending and it was no big deal. No one ever said anything to me.
Also, if we choose to send her to public school when she turns 7, she will be tested and put where she belongs academically. She will not have to start in kindetgarten.
Kindy is not compulsory here.
i think we should get back to no formal, hard core academics until ages 7-8. The majority of kids are not ready for it until around that age. They need to play and grow a love of learning first. We need to stop killing that love in our kids by pushing them.
Who the hell are we competing with? and why? I don't give a rats ass if Asian kids are outperforming ours in academics. I'd much rather my kids be happy then spend 15 hours a day in school or study group.
Then again, success isn't measured by academics, salary or job title in our family.

Mama to Ally (8) Dani (6) Gabe (3)
and Joey (1)
Old 05-03-2012, 03:19 PM
can't stop looking at it

My Mood: Cheeky
Rosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond reputeRosegin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowgirlMomma View Post
i like the idea.
Here, you don't have to go to school or have a letter of intent on file until your child turns 7.
I actually sent my older DD to the pre-K run by the town. I was unimpressed. She was ahead academically and I did not find that they taught the class to her. If anything, she got left behind. They were much more focused on the special needs kids in the class. That is all well and good, but every kid deserves a good education, not just those that require services. That is the problem with one size fits all public school though. It's not the best education for any kid.
ODD was automatically enrolled in kindy. I had to call and tell them she would not be attending and it was no big deal. No one ever said anything to me.
Also, if we choose to send her to public school when she turns 7, she will be tested and put where she belongs academically. She will not have to start in kindetgarten.
Kindy is not compulsory here.
i think we should get back to no formal, hard core academics until ages 7-8. The majority of kids are not ready for it until around that age. They need to play and grow a love of learning first. We need to stop killing that love in our kids by pushing them.
Who the hell are we competing with? and why? I don't give a rats ass if Asian kids are outperforming ours in academics. I'd much rather my kids be happy then spend 15 hours a day in school or study group.
Then again, success isn't measured by academics, salary or job title in our family.

I agree with this whole post. I don't care about how other kids are performing. My kids need to compete with themselves, nobody else.
Joey-13
Ian-11
Hayden-9
Charlie-5

I'm an intactivist.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter