ClothDiaperNation

Go Back   ClothDiaperNation > Crafty Corner > Knitters Knook

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 PM
when the hell do i get rid of shreks penis?

My Mood: Insomnious
fyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond repute
Default i want to knit sleep sacks

i feel as if i may have posted this awhile ago, but i really cant remember for sure

i want to learn how to knit sleep sacks, basic ones to start out and then some "mermaid tail" ones would be awesome too, can anyone help? what do i need? circular needles? i want to start with wool because i plan to use these when the baby gets here in april, so i need cheap, but pretty wool, free patterns or just basic instructions would be great. all i know how to knit is a flat piece of whatever. what needles are good, all i have are ones that come in that learn to knit pack from walmart and actually, the kids have hidden them on me, lol, eventually id like to learn how to do cables and owls, but im thinking thats going to be a ways down the road. please and thankyou

Hi, im Jenna.
Breastfeeding, Intactivist to 3 beautiful and whole children.
I my wifeys Mandy_moo, AngelicScars, thewayhome, & Jenga

jbitdsras

my facebook add me :-D

http://www.thewholenetwork.org/
http://www.drmomma.org/
Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Hang on to your prophylactics,
I shall return to spread the love soon

My Mood: Dramaqueen
Rocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond reputeRocket Queen has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sheepy-sack

That is my go to pattern for sleep sacks. Well written, easy and perfect fit every time. As far as wool, purewool is a good choice especially for newborns. The pattern itself will tell you what needles you need.

Lady of the interwebs house to Rachel, Chasity and Gwen
Ringmaster and Custodial Service provider to:

The Hellion- 3.30.2008 and The twins, Boss Lady and Loki 6.19.2010
Watched over by our spirit baby, Evelyn 4/06

"If you can't fly, run.
If you canít run, walk.
If you canít walk, crawl.
But by all means keep moving.Ē
Dr. Martin Luther King

Want 10% off epic leggings or dresses?

Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Titless...That's something I haven't been since I was ten...

My Mood: Cynical
Sabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever made a hat? Sleep sacks seem to basically be a hat (adult sized), elongated. Knitting in the round is actually pretty simple, so if you wanted you could just buy a 16-inch circular and cast on enough stitches to fill it (gently--don't let it bunch up), place a round marker so you don't lose track of the beginning & knit yourself a tube. Go for 14 or 16 inches & cast off, leave a pretty long tail on the yarn and weave through then gather it and tie shut. I like Clover bamboo needles; they're easy to find at Michaels and HobbyLobby and such.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 AM
all I can think about are intestinal worms, if I have them,
and if it's better just to have them in there and not know...
or know and have them come out.
AKA: SweetPeaMama09

My Mood: Sad
Stef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond reputeStef Leppard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Queen View Post

That is my go to pattern for sleep sacks. Well written, easy and perfect fit every time. As far as wool, purewool is a good choice especially for newborns. The pattern itself will tell you what needles you need.
Thank you! My BFF is due next month and wants me to knit her a sleep sack, and this looks perfect.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Get your vulva out of my way!

My Mood: Spaced
randareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond reputerandareena has a reputation beyond repute

Ahem! Steph...... I kid I kid!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2012, 01:30 AM
clowns are ebil... they don't go in my vajayjay.
but I do want some tater tot casserole

My Mood: Tired
momma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond reputemomma2j&g has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This pattern is super, super easy!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:24 PM

fyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond reputefyre.drake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabra View Post
Have you ever made a hat? Sleep sacks seem to basically be a hat (adult sized), elongated. Knitting in the round is actually pretty simple, so if you wanted you could just buy a 16-inch circular and cast on enough stitches to fill it (gently--don't let it bunch up), place a round marker so you don't lose track of the beginning & knit yourself a tube. Go for 14 or 16 inches & cast off, leave a pretty long tail on the yarn and weave through then gather it and tie shut. I like Clover bamboo needles; they're easy to find at Michaels and HobbyLobby and such.
I've only knit flat stuff I really don't know much about knitting other then knit and purl and that when you're knitting flat you have to alternate those to get the v pattern. I assume I don't alternate when knitting in the round?

I havnt yet gone to the pattern RQ posted, so I don't know if it answers my questions, but how do I do ribbing? And increases and decreases? :runs off to look at pattern:

Hi, im Jenna.

jbitdsras

Old 01-17-2012, 03:32 PM

Wow, that pattern really is easy! Thanks! And ribbing is just how I guessed it to be.

Hi, im Jenna.

jbitdsras

Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 PM
I'd want shiny vulvas

mommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond repute

I knit mine flat..... I can NOT knit in the round at all and couldnt even if my life depended on it lol I'm looking for a link to the website where i got the pattern the first time now I just kinda start and go

Dealing with too dang much right now - forgive the crankies and slow response to any pm you may have sent.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Titless...That's something I haven't been since I was ten...

My Mood: Cynical
Sabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond reputeSabra has a reputation beyond repute

In the round, you just knit and knit and knit to get stockinette. It's beautiful. There are a whole bunch of ways to make increases & decreases, and they all look a little bit different; the pattern will usually explain it and it's best to just take it step-by-step. It does tend to make me run back to crocheting.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd want shiny vulvas

mommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond reputemommyof3monsters has a reputation beyond repute

Basically - I cast on 65-70ish - and just knit knit knit and then about 3/4 of the way to the length i want I start to decrease and once its done I stitch it together. Pretty much I just made it TWICE as wide as I wanted it to be ( since it gets kinda folded in half when you stitch up the sides) and then made it as long as I wanted and decresed on the way down for the bottom part to be closed comepletely. i am sure there is more to them than that lol next time I make one I will write down everything Here is how they turn out
This one was one I did for a friend

And an action shot of the one i made lillian
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabra View Post
In the round, you just knit and knit and knit to get stockinette. It's beautiful. There are a whole bunch of ways to make increases & decreases, and they all look a little bit different; the pattern will usually explain it and it's best to just take it step-by-step. It does tend to make me run back to crocheting.
thats what happens everytime i start knitting, i get all about it and then take on a huge crocheting project and forget about knitting, but this time, i'm going to make myself stick with it because i need wool for the baby and DH wont let me buy anymore (unless i sell stuff which i get overwhelmed with)

Hi, im Jenna.

jbitdsras