View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 03:09 PM
she's a lizardperson

My Mood: Bookworm
Gigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond reputeGigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free/cheap Amazon stuff for reviews

I got bored & curious about all those "I received a discount/free product in exchange for an honest review" reviews on Amazon. Turns out it can be a legit thing. https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/ is free to sign up on, you just have to link them your Amazon profile. You then get a bunch of slots to request products in. I started with 20. I've seen people in the 60s after making some reviews. After you request a product if approved the seller will upate your Amz account with a promotional code. Within an hour I had a code to get a set of lipsticks for $9 instead of $14 (this exact brand, exact set is on sale at Sephora for $15), and a selfie stick for $1. A lot of stuff is free as well. You can use multiple promotional codes on an Amazon order- I ordered both the stick and the lipsticks in the same order and added two codes. I was also able to use the "no rush shipping for $1 credit" option. Once you get the product, you follow the link in Amz and leave a review. That will then open that spot back up to request something else. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of options. Some promotional codes expire within 24 hours, some 30 days, I've seen one that expires in 2016.

Also want to point out this is not a referral link. I don't think that's even something they offer. I just stumbled on it when looking around, and it seems completely legit and a way to get great sales on stuff. You don't ever give this site your credit card # or anything. It just links your amazon profile so they can verify when you leave reviews.

Here's a partial page of my current requests/reviews in progress. Haven't received anything yet since I just started. May have a lot of fun at Disney being the dork with a selfie stick though, and can't beat $1 to actually try getting some photos of the kids with me in them. I would love to get chose to try that bluetooth projector keyboard, looks super neat and always wondered if they work.

The one thing i don't know, is what happens if you try to return an item. Amz review seems to be a middleman site, and it's Amazon for shopping so you know you're covered. It might make the seller less incline to approve you if you request other items from them. Not sure.

Some examples of what you can request. I still have not made it through all the pages. There's a ton of stuff that is probably crap and also some kind of cool looking stuff.

Some pages of free items available

Forever grateful to CDN for all the times you all let me cry on your virtual shoulders