View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:32 PM
crazy dictator intent on taking over the world

My Mood: Balanced
aschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond reputeaschrimp has a reputation beyond repute

I have a big asparagus bed, 6 producing fruit trees (plum, apricot, apple, asian pear, peach and nectarine), 3 mystery citrus that should be producing but aren't, and another probably 8 that are 3 years old and should start producing this year/next - several different varieties of peach and apricots, another plum, and an almond. Then we have 50 feet of grape vines, a ton of wild blackberries and 2 fig trees that we are still working on figuring out how to get decent figs out of, and we've just planted goosberries, blueberries and a hardy kiwi.

We are working on planting 2 avocado trees, a meyer lemon, and a cherry tree (to replace one that didn't make it), 3 more figs of different varieties and 2 pomegranates, along with our annual garden, which I am doing a scaled down version of this year, and is about 1/3 of the way done (and already a few days late).

I think the avodados and lemon may stay in their pots for the year - safer for the avocado if we have a cold winter to be able to pull them inside until they are 5 years old, and the lemon is in a big pot, just blossomed, and we will probably get fruit if I don't shock it by planting it after it has blossomed.
~~~~~~~
Oh, and the rhubarb. I got rhubarb to plant - I planted some our first year, and my @!&# chickens dug up the roots and ate them. Now the chickens are penned (we had coyotes that were picking them off during the day last year), so we had to pen them. So my rhubarb should be safe now.

"The world is full of nice, ordinary little people who live in nice, ordinary little houses on the ground. But didn't you ever dream of a house up on a tree top? "
-Father Robinson, Swiss Family Robinson

Last edited by aschrimp; 04-19-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost by CDN